- Cats are the only animals that can purr. They will purr when they’re happy or stressed.
- Cats get an average of 13-16 hours of sleep a day. No wonder they have nine lives!
- Calico and tortoiseshell cats are almost always female.
- The banding on a tabby is called “agouti.” Tabbies have 4 stripe pattern types: Mackerel, Classic, Spotted and Ticked.
- Cats normal gestation period is anywhere from 57-69 days, around 9 weeks. A pregnant cat is called a Queen.
- Cats born with more than five toes are called polydactyl.
© 2014, Copyright 2014 Aon Singapore Pte Ltd Co Reg No.198301525W. All Rights Reserved.
This article is intended for general information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. It should not be construed as advice or opinions on any specific facts or circumstances. The content of this article is made available on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind, express or implied, including as to accuracy, completeness or otherwise at the time of initial publication or thereafter. To the extent permitted by law, Aon disclaims any responsibility or liability to any person or organization for any loss or damage caused by or resulting from any reliance placed on that content whatsoever. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any way or by any means, including photocopying or recording, without the written permission of the copyright holder, application for which should be addressed to the copyright holder.
Happy Tails Insurance is underwritten by NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited and arranged by Aon Singapore Pte Ltd.